The Game-Changer For Brown Spots, Acne & Wrinkles
PicoSure Focus is a quick and easy non-invasive anti-aging laser treatment. The laser is especially effective in treating acne scars (pitted, pocked or “ice pick”), fine lines, stubborn lip lines, age spots, freckles, birth marks, and brown spots. What’s more, the laser works for all skin types — with little or no downtime!
The PicoSure offers a gentler treatment. In the past, lasers have relied on intense heat energy to remove pigment from the skin, which may be painful and lead to significant skin redness and downtime. PicoSure is different.
One-Million Times Faster Than Its Predecessors!
The PicoSure Focus operates at “pico-speed”. This makes it the fastest cosmetic dermatology laser today! Why is this important?
- The PicoSure’s incredible speed allows light energy to quickly penetrate the skin’s deeper layers
- Energy is delivered in short, fast bursts
- Because only the underlying problems are treated, the outer skin remains intact.
- The deeper layers of the skin respond rapidly to the laser’s energy. As a result, the production of collagen and elastin is stimulated.
- Acne scars are repaired, unwanted pigment is broken down and absorbed (see Q&As below) and the appearance of fine lines is softened.
Questions Our Patients Ask About Acne:
Why do some people develop acne scars?
The development of scarring from acne is thought to be related to your genetics and how you respond to the inflammation of acne. This explains why some people leave their teen-age years (and beyond) with a smooth complexion, while others scar easily.
How does PicoSure work to acne scars?
The PicoSure works in two ways. First, the laser penetrates the skin to create local areas of thermal (heat) damage. Second, the thermal damage combines with the laser’s “pico speed” creating a “pressure wave” to break up the scar.
What results can I expect?
After a series of treatments, most people have a significant reduction in the appearance of their scars, with improved skin texture and a clearer complexion.
How can I prevent future acne scarring?
The best way to prevent additional scarring is prevention. It’s very important to work with Dr. Noodleman to aggressively treat your acne. There are many topical regimens that help. In addition, Dr. Noodleman may recommend blue light therapy or prescription products such as antibiotics or, in severe cases, Accutane. And, whatever you do, do not pick at your acne! This bad habit often leads to the worst scarring.
Questions Our Patients Ask About Unwanted Pigment:
What causes unwanted pigment?
Pigmented lesions are dark in color because the melanin in our skin is concentrated in one area of the skin. Most pigmented lesions come from sun exposure while some patients are born with them. Hormonal changes can also induce pigment changes in the skin.
How does PicoSure remove unwanted pigment in the skin?
PicoSure delivers laser energy to the skin and targets the pigment. As the energy is absorbed into the skin, it gently vibrates and shatters the pigment, breaking it into micro-particles. The particles are either eliminated by the body’s natural process, or the pigment will flake off.
Will the laser also remove normal pigmentation in my skin?
PicoSure’s laser energy is designed to specifically target dark, concentrated pigment. After the pigment is treated, some lightening may occur; however, your body will naturally replace the melanin over time.
Will the pigment come back?
Most pigmented lesions do not return once they’ve been removed. Deeper, darker lesions may return or have residual pigment, but this is easily corrected with additional PicoSure treatments.
Quick, Easy Treatment Sessions:
- Your PicoSure Focus Program consists of four 30 minute-sessions.
- Unlike other approaches, the PicoSure Focus does not create a thermal burn, so you can apply make-up immediately afterwards and resume your normal routine.
- We often combine the PicoSure Focus with other age defying treatments for maximum skin rejuvenation.
Schedule a Consultation or Call us at 408-559-0988